Sunday 9 September 2007

Current Favourite Toones...

So at the moment I am working on a compilation CD. It's all about the current favourite tunes. So far we have:

Good Morning - Kanye West
Round Here - Counting Crows
There is A Light Name That Never Goes Out - Neil Finn
Pourple Monde - Crowded House
Hear You Hear Me - Jimmy Eat World
The Killing Mood - Echo and The Bunnymen
Smells Like Teen Spirit - Patti Smith
Where'd You Go - Fort Minor
Nobody Move, Nobody Get Hurt - We Are Scientists
Generator - The Holloways

I will be adding lots more than this, however, lots of these songs I either love, or have a huuuge amount of meaning to me for various reasons!

Good Morning - Kanye West

This is the introduction to Kanye West's new album, and will make a fab 'first song' on a compilation CD. It's one of the best songs on the album, and just makes me feel happy and warm when I hear it...

Round Here - Counting Crows

I adore this Counting Crows song. Since hearing Phil play a few songs at greenbelt I've come back and listened to pretty much all the Counting Crows stuff I had, and I've enjoyed it so much. This song is awesome, and I especially like the kind of big cresendo bit at the end, and then how it fades out again. Not sure exactly what it is about this song that does it for me, I just love it...

There is A Light Name That Never Goes Out - Neil Finn and Smells Like Teen Spirit - Patti Smith

I love love love it when artists take another persons song and transform it into their own. Finn and Smith both do a fab job of taking two of my all time favourite songs, and transforming them into something that I'd never imagine could come from the songs themselves. Patti Smith especially... the use of strings, and her strong vocals all go really well together to make this a very intersting and exciting cover!

Pourple Monde - Crowded House

Since booking tickets to see Crowded House in December I've made an extra big effort to listen to more of their stuff, including their new album 'Time on Earth'. Finn's vocals on this are almose haunting. I love it. This song is one of my favourite on the album for a number of reasons, but mainly because of the music. I love the use of piano in songs, and it is done so well at the beginning of this song that it alreadty has my attention by the time the vocals kick in

Hear You Hear Me - Jimmy Eat World

My sister walked into this at her wedding. It will now always remind me of my sisters wedding, and will always send a shiver down my spine! In fact, I can hardly get through the introduction without shedding a tear as it reminds me of how proud I felt of my sister, and how happy I felt for both Emma and Stuart at that time :)

The Killing Moon - Echo and The Bunnymen

I first heard this when watching Donnie Darko, and I loved it. Since then I've listened to it to death, and love it even more. Not too sure what it is about it, I feel like there's something kind of eerie about it... think that comes from watching donnie darko more than anything else!!

Where'd You Go - Fort Minor

This was a song I listened to sooo much when Simon and I split up, and it really depressed me. But the fact of the matter is I can now listen to it and it takes a whole different light up on it. The song talks about the guy touring and how difficult it is for him and his girlfriend and how she wishes he could live a normal life for a little while, so that they can be together for longer amounts of times. It's just a song to me now, but still fab! :)

Nobody Move, Nobody Get Hurt - We Are Scientists and Generator - The Holloways

Both of these songs remind me of many a drunken night in MOSH nightclub, and being very happy! I remember we went to Mosh after seeing the Manics back in June, and I was dancing with this guy and Generator came on. He told me I danced a very happy dance during the song which made me smile as I was probably the happiest I'd been in a long time then, and that happiness has continued, and it's fab. I just love life, and this song makes me love life a little more!

No comments: